WEATHER: Brilliant Hamas Tactics During Brilliant Pesach Weather

April 4, 2018

Illustration (Image Credit: Wix)

 

 

Sunday was a spectacular weather day. The sky was a deep blue and the fields were bright with an early spring green. I don't think that anyone will complain about the weather during this holiday. Temperatures will continue to moderate upwards into the 20's (70's-80's F) in many locations, as winds blow lightly from the west and south.

However, some tropical moisture may bring some tropical showers at the end of the week. By tropical moisture, I mean that moisture will arrive at middle and upper levels, passing not over the sea, but Africa from the Atlantic ocean.

Looking further ahead into the week after Pesach, there is some divergence in the model forecasts. There is about a 70% chance the dry and pleasant weather will continue, but there is a 30% chance of a chilly rain.

Jerusalem forecast (click here for updated national forecasts):

Image credit: The Jerusalem Herald

I was surprised that the rainy weather of Friday didn't damp down the protests along the Gazan fence. You have to really hand it to the Hamas leadership. They're brilliant. They take materials sent for building hospitals, sewage treatment plants, and new housing, and they use it to build tunnels (and missiles).  

 

Then, they use the electricity we supply to power their machines to do the building and provide light under ground. Then, they tell the world that their people are suffering from a lack basic infrastructure, clean water etc. We feel badly for them, so we (and to some extent other countries) send them more supplies to relieve the "suffering" of the Gazan people.  

But, here's where they're really smart. Having driven the Gazan economy to ruin, and with only "enough" weapons to support an army of 25,000, they've driven their people to such desperation that they're willing to die at the border between Gaza and Israel. They've sold them on the "right of return," without mentioning that most of the people who live in Gaza never lived anywhere else in what was called "Palestine" (now Israel) before the local Arab populations took that name for themselves.

It sounds like a sob story and the Gazan people are simply being used by Hamas as another weapon in their war to destroy the State of Israel. They should be reminded that we've been around a lot longer than they have (actually, this week we tell the story of our Exodus from Egypt about 3,500 years ago!), that in every generation there arises someone who wishes to destroy us, and that we're still here. Thank G-d for that!

 

Dr. Lynn is a lecturer at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Earth Sciences Department.  He is also CEO of Weather It Is, LTD, a company that specializes in reducing weather risk.

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

Related Stories
Please reload

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • RSS Social Icon

בס"ד

...הָרִימִי בַכֹּחַ קוֹלֵךְ מְבַשֶּׂרֶת יְרוּשָׁלִָם הָרִימִי אַל תִּירָאִי אִמְרִי לְעָרֵי יְהוּדָה הִנֵּה אֱלֹקֵיכֶם! (ישעיה  מ:ט)

...Raise your voice with strength, herald of Jerusalem; raise it, do not be afraid; say to the cities of Judah, "Here is your G-d!"

(Isaiah 40:9)

Jewish News From Israel | contact@jerusalem-herald.com

© 2017 by The Jerusalem Herald, a division of Yashar Communications